Very Low Cost Video Overlay Kit

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Very Low Cost Video Overlay Kit
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:10:14 +0100

Hi All,

If any of you guys (and gals) are interested in building a video overlay to
put text onto a video picture or simply to output text to a monitor or TV
then check out this Aussie site. www.dse.com.au and search for part number
K5417 (or go here instead
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/DSE.filereader?1557184042+EN/catalogpages/CTG0000211/1).
This is not the best PCB design I have seen but it works well. And here is
the best part, it only costs A$19.90 plus A$15.00 shipping which works out
at about 13 quid for the complete thing. The equivalent from the UK is
either 30 quid from Milford or 40 quid from Black Box Camera. I bought one
when it was A$29.95 and I am tempted to get a second one at this price.
Takes about 1-2 weeks to arrive but may be quicker and because it is below
the 18 quid duty and VAT level you score big time.

Comes with software on disk for the PC but it is easy to hook it up to a
PIC or AVR etc.

Best regards
Dave...

www.v8carlton.co.uk