Re: Are there any survivors ?......

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Are there any survivors ?......
  • From: Jennifer Lowe <jenni@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:18:58 +0100 (BST)

> Pics now on-line here...
> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/glasgow/
>
> M.

We were a fairly quiet affair.... to start with the
restaurant decided to lose our booking, but had
enough space to give us a table.

Within seconds Phil had manged to lower the tone of
the conversation, and managed to keep it there for
the majority of the night.

But the best part of the night has to be finding out
that we are, in fact, not the saddest b@$tards on the
planet after all! There was some sort of convention
of mathematicians behind us who are, by far, much,
much worse than us! We had to listen to their speaches
which were tedious at best, but worse than that, the
highlight was the "Good Luck Mr Gorsky" story (for
those that dont know ...
http://www.pncl.co.uk/~dienes/neila.htm
)
but the speaker would not fill in the "rood" word.
So Phil did it for him ... loudly ;-)

Then the staff at the restaurant kindly reminded us
that they were closed. And politely threw us out.

Jenni