Re: Last Nights London Meet - Pics!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Last Nights London Meet - Pics!
  • From: patrickl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:02:40 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., <steve@b...> wrote:
> What exactly is patriks gadget?
>

> steve_d

I've been playing with the Rabbit core whilst I've been on holiday
(like you do...) and have a couple of toys based around the same
basic hardware:

- Web interface for comfort
- Web interface for meteor caller id.

In fact it's more than just a web interface, since events are also
broadcast spontaneously, so they can potentially be intercepted by
any applications connected to your LAN. I now have plans to add a
fault tolerant "domain controller" into the equation to allow for
conditional routing of actions (e.g. tell comfort answerphone to take
a call if it's your mother in law ringing and Eastenders is on), plus
also in the works are a cheap & cheerful video camera selector &
standalone LCD display.

Total one-off component cost is less than 50 quid.

Patrick