Re: The London Meet - Who was there, what happened.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: The London Meet - Who was there, what happened.
  • From: Jennifer Lowe <jenni@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:39:52 +0100 (BST)

> - Personally, I felt that the format of meeting at a
> pub for a few drinks, and then going on to eat
> somewhere worked very well. Let's see
> how the Scottish meet feels it works next weekend?
> But it's certainly my proposal for how we structure
> these things in future.

Eat then drink or drink then eat ....
do you know how difficult it is to get Scots out of
a pub! Even for curry!
If we met in the pub first, we would miss the table
at the restaurant and just go for kebab from Bifteki
or greasy chips from the Blue Lagoon. This way, we
get pointed to the table where everyone is so we dont
have to recognise them, eat and drink, and THEN go
to the pub for some more beer, and then onto get
kebab or chips ;)

Just a quick reminder, it is Saturday, the day after
tomorrow, not next weekend :)

Jenni