more newbie questions

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: more newbie questions
  • From: "Hall, Alex" <alex.hall@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 14:43:36 +0100

Hi,

I think I'm making progress !

I've decided to go for mains Halogens and found some nice ones at ScrewFix
Direct. Question tho, how are these wired..=20
For example, in the lounge I currently have one central light which I want
to replace with say 6 recessed halogens.. connected to a switch and LD10.
Do I make use of the existing wiring for the lights ?

Instead of using the Clipsal face plates and momentary switches (operating
LD10s) [still look pretty ugly] is there a cheapish way of having brass
switches (i.e. not =A370 each!)? Just that my gf would prefer brass light
switches.

Can you also explain how to go about mounting multiple LD10/AD10s in a
standard MK Sentry
consumer unit ... i.e. How would the wiring and location of these things
look. I was under the impression that the
each LD10 unit would need to be wired in series with the light(s) it is
mea=
to be controlling ? So how can you group
them all together in the Consumer Unit unless you have loads of extra wire
around the house ?

Also, in terms of the cat5e wiring, I presume that this should be in
conduit/trunking behind the walls (modern house) and is it recommended to
have it a certain distance away from any mains cables ?

thanks once again.

alex

> Alex Hall
> Conchango
'Innovative Change in Business'

> T 44 (0) 1784 470448=20=20
> F 44 (0)1784 470451
> E alex.hall@xxxxxxx
>         http://www.conchango.com
>=20
>=20
> The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended
> for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error,
pleas=

For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20