RE: OT - PDA

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT - PDA
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 18:28:00 +0100

That's OK ... usually no-one worries about off topic posts.

The colour iPaq is generally acknowledged as about the best handheld PDA on the market at the moment ... it has a screen which eclipses anything else that's out there and it's certainly visible in sunlight.

The PCWorld price is (I believe) pretty good and shopping around will get you only small additional savings if anything.

As for accessories ... well, Compaq do a couple of sleeves for the iPaq which allow either 1 x Compact Flash, 1 x PCMCIA or 2 x PCMCIA cards to be added to the iPaq but they do add considerably to its size. Myself I would suggest looking at a Compact Flash sleeve plus a 1Gb microdrive which will give you huge amounts of storage space ... the price hike of the 64Mb iPaq over the 32Mb iPaq really isn't worth the couple of hundred quid premium especially when a 1Gb microdrive is only £249 from www.digitaldepot.com nowadays!

Phil