Newbie Again

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Newbie Again
  • From: "Hall, Alex" <alex.hall@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:30:11 +0100

Hi again,

I've been investigating and speaking to people and have come up with the
following as a possible set-up from www.letsautomate.com.

My overall aim is to work within a budget of around =A31500-=A32000 approx
=
and
have a bit of fun. I am about to redecorate the entire house, put wooden
flooring down and fit LV lighting, so if I am going to do this I want to do
it before that. The house is a 4 bed average sized detached, which is
aroun=
15 years old.

In essence I am looking to have a small internal network 1-2 data ports in
each room, and then be able to connect tv/satellite/dvd/video around the
house. I'll also be looking at fitting some cheapish speakers into the roof
of the rooms for music I guess and using ADSL for the net.

Please be gentle, but all feedback is welcome, as you lot know about this
(=
hope)!

General

95000	Pronto RU890 Remote & RU941 Docking Station (Package Price)
=A3179.95
10512	IR7243AH All House Code IR->X10 Converter for Pronto/RC5000
=A372.85
10215	XM10U (TW7223) X10 -> Mains Interface
=A330

then:

10003	HomeVision Home Automation Controller 3.0 PAL			=A3440

or

10374	HomeVision PC - Home Controller PAL (Needs a PC to operate)
=A3282

Which of the two above do people recommend, I am a techy so have a spare pc
I can use to run the 10374 if necessary.

Then, in terms of the house I am looking at fitting low voltage lighting
throughout which means:

Room		Dimmers	Data Ports/TV-AV Ports
Lounge		2 gang		2/2
Dining Room	1		2/1
Hallway		2 gang		2/1
CloakRoom	1
Kitchen		1		2/1
FamilyRoom	1		2/1

Bedroom1	1		2/2
Bedroom2	1		2/1
Bedroom3	1		2/1
Bedroom4	1		2/1
Bathroom	1=09=09
Ensuite		1=09=09
Landing		2 gang		2/1

Does this thereform mean that I need 14 of the following for the Low
Voltag=
Lighting?

10002	LD10 DIN Mounted Lamp Module (LD11 Internal Software)
=A334.99 * 14
10455	DIN Enclosure for 1 x LD10/LD11
=A317.63 * 14
10 * 1 gang faceplates
3 * 2 gang faceplates

Is there a cheaper source for brass faceplate dimmers as 10070/1 is >
=A370
each ?

In order to do the Data Ports/TV-AV ports I am guessing I need around 2.5km
of cat5e wiring ? Does that sound correct.
Also where is a good place to purchase this (I live near Windsor)?

I also presume I will need to grab some Kat5 widget thingies so I can run
A=
over the cat5e? Is that the generally recommended way now ?

Ok also needed will be:

crimping tool
IR detector - any suggestions which one ?
patch panel - any suggestions which one ?
patch panel leads
and then a mixture of AM12/LM12/AW10 for the mains electrics. Whats
people'=
view on the WS10, its much more expensive so is it worth it ?

Anything else I missed, any other recomendations?

I'm hooked already.

thanks

alex

> Alex Hall
> Conchango
'Innovative Change in Business'

> T 44 (0) 1784 470448=20=20
> F 44 (0)1784 470451
> E alex.hall@xxxxxxx
>         http://www.conchango.com
>=20
>=20
> The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended
> for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error,
pleas=

For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20