Re: misterhouse & weather sites

I gave up with the supplied code and wrote my own doing some screen
scrapping
of the Met Office's website. That code is old and obsolete now though :-(

I suggest if you want to try it using the the Yahoo.co.uk weather pages,
they
seem to have a lot more place names to choose from.

I might have another go, but the code became obsolete because I never used
the info it provided, and so didn't bother updating it when it was needed
:-)

On Monday 13 August 2001 23:03 pm, Robin Edwards wrote:
> Has anybody succeeded in getting Misterhouse dislaying UK weather from
> internet.  I tried code supplied pointing it at Manchester
> page(/global/stations/03334.html) on weather.com but nothing comes
back.
> I've also had a brief look at the weather scripts in the files section
> see if I could convert them from Homeseer, but currently I'm strapped
for
> time.
>
> I suspect it is something simple I'm missing with the supplied code,
but it
> is not obvious to me (must learn a bit of Perl... perhaps life would
become
> simple (for HA))
>
>     regards, robin

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>