Re: (long reply from Phil) RE: Manual control of LD10/11 was RE: Conventions...

Alan calling via cable modem! NTL finally got their act together and
decided
my modem was faulty, a new one duly arrived and hey presto.

I would agree with Phils concerns.

> > Why not wire these buttons back to HomeVision Phil ?
>
> Simply because I don't want to be reliant upon HV for control ...
being
able
> to remove the stuff (HomeVision) from the equation and have the house
return
> fairly much to normal is important to me.

I have installed LD10s with control from conventional push switches. To
interface with Homevision I was considering instaling a second switch for
control via the input ports, this could be a small switch plate similar to
the thin Lutron ones, if we move this could be removed and replaced with a
blank plate, instalation would be easy using a lenght of cat5 to provide 7
channels.

> The K400 motors for the Swish rails have three control lines - force
open,
> force closed and toggle state. Wiring the "toggle state"
line to the wall
> switch and the force open/force closed lines back to HomeVision allows
local
> control of the curtains within the bedroom as well as allowing
HomeVision
> make the place look lived in when we're out or have remote control of
the
> curtains from a Pronto (where, if you do want to control the curtains
in
> another part of the house, I would usually want to force them open or
closed
> not toggle their state).

Do you have any details on the force open/closed inputs?
I have been looking at fitting reed switches to the track so HV would know
the curtain status.

Anyone know how long the interconnecting cable is between HV and the
expander board, can it be extended?

Alancc

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx