Re: Windows XP preview

On Thursday 09 August 2001 12:03 pm, Timothy Morris wrote:
> I did notice the smiley Stuart, so I realise your comment was tongue
in
> cheek, but I'd say this is way beyond beta. There may be some new
features
> that aren't in RC1 yet, but I've been using it for 24 hours now, and
> haven't found a single bug. I wish I could say the saem for NT4.0 and
w2k!

That's true, but by beta I meant "not the finished product"
"Release
Candidates" are beta's by any other name as far as I'm concerned (as a
programmer that is).

I ain't saying there's anything wrong with, and I wasn't having a go at you
for doing it, if RC1 is as stable as the final version, but just missing a
few features, then a tenner is a bargain!

--

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
-