RE: Home Vision Question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Home Vision Question
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 20:31:56 +0100

Get a Homevison.
Buy some small relays at about a quid each.
save money by not buying Appliance Modules.

You could use a central 12V supply co-located with Homevision and run CAT5
to the locks.

Apart from the cost savings involved, with a relay you KNOW its ON or OFF
rather than the state it should be. For something as important as your door
locks you NEED to be sure that the lock is in the correct state. The only
100% reliable way (damage excepted) is to hardwire.

X10 has been quite reliable for me but having bought some Minitimers I have
fitted one in Ambers bedroom so she can control her lights and fan. Last
night it would turn the fan ON and OFF, it would also turn the light ON,
but
no way would it brighten,dim or turn OFF the bedroom lamp.

Tonight like most nights it is working PERFECTLY !!!

GRRRRRRR  :-(

Keith