RE: Harmon Speakers

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Harmon Speakers
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 07:42:54 +0100

Do what I did once a few years ago... Offer to go back on a short-term
contract basis, on a nice fat contractor rate, - say about £500 per day
(which Is still a lot less than they'd have to pay for a body from a
consulting firm like the one I work for...) - so a bargain!

(and lots ot money for gadgets!)

Paul G.

>myself available for them for the next two months of my three months
notice
>*EVEN THOUGH* my redundancy letter clearly states my last working day
is
>3rd
>August and I was being given two months pay in lieu of notice.
>
>They have got themselves into a real mess there and want me to sort it
out
>... they're even saying that the two months pay in lieu of notice was
>discussed and agreed by us as a way of avoiding TAX and that I'd said
that
>would make myself available for them until October 3rd. We've spent the
>last
>hour trying to get hold of the family solicitor!
>
>Mind you I did add a 20Gb 2.5" IDE drive to my Dabs order today -
that'll
>go
>into my new Compaq and the 12Gb from there will go into the old Sony
VAIO!