Re: Be aware guys - Someone called BRAD sent me a virus DIRECTLY :-(

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Be aware guys - Someone called BRAD sent me a virus DIRECTLY :-(
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 23:55:44 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@y...>
wrote:
> Yep.
>
> I've had a few lately, all got a reply...just not the one they
expected
> :-)

I haven't had one for years. I usually have t  ask people t  send
them me on purpose while I am fixing their problem. Although I did
have one weird trojan that did nothing other than make floppy disks
useless without it. It was a very clever little program in the way it
hid itself but the bits I saved were not enough for it to re-activate
itself and since I do not know the source, it is pretty useless now.

I tend t  keep them and have a collection of really old ones like
pong and cascade from the days virii were annoying but kinda cool t
see in action rather than the more malicious breed we have these
days. They were both my first experience of virii and the guy I got
them from was initially convinced it was a problem with his PC. But
then that was in the days when virii rarely actually got anywhere,
and he probably got it from a magazine cover disk or something.

S  if anyone wants t  forward it on, feel free and I can add it to my
collection. You will of course be free from blame if I manage t
infect myself :)

Mark.