Re: Re: BT caller ID(again)

Title: Re: [ukha_d] Re: BT caller ID(again)
        I have done this - you can pick up a point on the pcb where the TTL level serial data has been already decoded by the modem before being passed to the processor to decode the CLIP packet.
        The data is nor error checked (checksum verified) at this point and contains 'noise' at the start and end of the information so you need to be able t strip this at the beginning and end and then perform the checksum verification in software.
        If this is of interest I will dig out my old modified unit and tell you exactly where to pick up the data from. In my application I put the TTL through an opto isolator & converted the TTL level to RS232 - you need to do this as connecting to anything that has any 'earth' reference kills the data - and may upset the tel line as well. I tried a capacitive coupling but it did not work.
        I actually broadcast this serial data using one of the RadioMetrix modules and picked this up on my original RF remote controller ( a Psion Organsier II).
        I now use a Meteor however.

        Let me know if you want the info.

        Kevin

Patrick

Your wrote "I know that people have successfully dismembered off-the-shelf
caller id boxes (the ones with the LCD panel designed for home consumer use)
and extracted the RS232 data."

I fancy trying this, d you know where I can find more details

Mark

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor