RE: Help!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Help!
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:42:54 +0100

Ditto,

I have only been in this game for a few months and Li has been very helpful
as has Phil even to the point of saying Phil will visit me in
Northamptonshire, and is of course very welcome, to advise me on a number
of
issues.

I have also had good support from Craig Chadwick who is the President of
Custom Solutions, Inc. (a.k.a., HomeVision)
mailto:csi@xxxxxxx
http://www.csi3.com

What a good bunch,

(Li, any commission now? :)

Brian Reynolds.

PS anyone else near Rushden Northants? start a local support group?

X10
> filters, IR->X10 receivers, X10 modules. He even managed to get
> me an ePod!)
>
> What did it for me was he was extremely helpfull when I ordered an
SW10G
> from them to control my projection screen and I couldn't get it
> to work the
> way I wanted (which turned out to be a fault with my screen).
>
> Mike is certainly good too but most of my dealings have been with
> Laser ...
>
> Phil

Physical
> > Outlet/shop for  buying the components i need? Iknow about
> > letsautomate.com,
> > is this the best one or are there any others?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Peter
> >

> > >From: "Ian B" <I.Bird@xxxxxxx>
> > >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> > >Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Help!
> > >Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:38:37 +0100
> > >
> > >Totally agree with the HV statement. As you may have seen
> > voice is a little
> > >bit of a mine field and depends on the quality of a lot of
> > the components
> > >as
> > >well as the training and background noise. Quality means
> > money so not cheap
> > >to get good results. As for other stuff... I have found that
> > hard wiring
> > >stuff and X10 are the way to go. I have not had quite as
> > much success with
> > >the RF to X10 doubris receivers and am now on my third.
> > Having sait that
> > >thte remotes are brill (8 in 1 + X10). When that all house
> > code receiver on
> > >Marks news page is a little more mature I will probably try
> > building one of
> > >those. Alternatively I am going to wire all the house with
> > IR repeaters and
> > >train HV to learn the commands. I can use the same command
> > from all remotes
> > >as I only have these 8 in 1 remotes and a pronto. Now, all I
> > have to do is
> > >get that feedback loop protected IR repeater tested.
> > >
> > >Most of all, enjoy doing it.
> > >
> > >Ian

Curtains,