Re: DDAR bulk purchase

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: DDAR bulk purchase
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <tivo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1904 00:01:24 +0000

Title: Re: [ukha_d] DDAR bulk purchase
Graham,

   I am anxious to get my hands on some of these and have been investigating bringing them in by air... I was considering opting out of the group buy when it faltered and getting my 3 direct as I don't want to miss out .. however.. Dell won't accept my Credit Card for delivery to a US address ...

   Do you perchance know the dimensions & weight of the box that each is packaged in and if Dell can supply in a larger carton with a number of units per carton ?

   I am guessing that the UPS expedited air delivery would be about $300 for about 20 units if they are small boxes. I think you will hit the physical size limitation before the weight limitation. This is only $15 / unit.

   I might be able to find someone to do this (as a one off) however I would really rather not get involved if possible - sorting out the ToughBooks I have ordered for a few people is enough at the moment.

   Do let me know asap if you are going ahead as I can abandon my other efforts (I won't be at the meeting)

   Kevin