Re: DDAR bulk purchase

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: DDAR bulk purchase
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:28:14 -0000

Got two of my DDAR's today.

The box is 18" x 12" by 7" and weighs about 2kg.

I got 5 in the end,,,all shipped seperate, as UPS/FEDEX will charge
you customs duty. Mine came through standard US Mail,,,my old boss in
LA opened them up for me, so they were classed as "used" goods.

He put the value down as $60each, listed them as a gift with a
description of "music player".

Had no problem with customs.

Brilliant as well,,,hooked them up to a 10base hub, gave a 169 ip
address to my network card,,,and hey presto,,up and running in less
than 15mins....and they look better in real life than in pics...case
is nice aluminium and i thought they would be all plasticy...:)

My advice....well worth the effort.

--- In ukha_d@y..., Kevin Hawkins <tivo@u...> wrote:
> Graham,
>
>    I am anxious to get my hands on some of these and have been
investigating
> bringing them in by air... I was considering opting out of the
group buy
> when it faltered and getting my 3 direct as I don't want to miss
out ..
> however.. Dell won't accept my Credit Card for delivery to a US
address ...

>    Do you perchance know the dimensions & weight of the box that
each is
> packaged in and if Dell can supply in a larger carton with a number
of units
> per carton ?
>
>    I am guessing that the UPS expedited air delivery would be about
$300 for
> about 20 units if they are small boxes. I think you will hit the
physical
> size limitation before the weight limitation. This is only $15 /
unit.

>    I might be able to find someone to do this (as a one off)
however I would
> really rather not get involved if possible - sorting out the
ToughBooks I

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/