RE: Fwd: RE: HomeTech 2001 Exhibition

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Fwd: RE: HomeTech 2001 Exhibition
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:52:35 +0100

Two words to that...

Ball Ucks!

I was at a trade show in London earlier in the year at the new Excel
exhibition centre near Victoria Docks.  A few weeks before it was due to be
on an underground strike was announced.  The organisers didn't cancel -
they
emailed the visitors with suggestions on how to get there plus they put on
complimentary coaches from centre of London (west end) to the show.

In the end the strike was called off anyway.

This is so feeble.  If they couldn't get enough exhibitors they should say
so and not make up crass excuses.

M.

networked homes
>>business
>>H-Tech Ltd, Woodland Court, Kempshott Hill, Basingstoke, RG23 7LL
>>Tel: +44 (0)1256 380080           Fax: +44 (0)1256 380081
>>www.hometech.co.uk

HA
>>community are major-league pissed-off at you guys, as many of us
are now
>>going to be out-of-pocket because of the already booked
NON-REFUNDABLE
>>expenses mentioned above.
>>
>>I have no idea what the reason (excuse?) is, but this is SERIOUSLY
>>UNPROFESSIONAL and you guys are now becoming a bit of a joke -
>this is the
>>2nd postponement of Hometech since the original announcement, and
the HA
>>community are losing faith in your ability to stage the show at
all.

>>I can say with certainty, that many leading figures in the UK
>HA scene will
>>now NOT be attending the show whenever you put it on (if ever),
because
>>your
>>
>>track record does not give them the confidence necessary to book
>>flights/hotels again. Personally, as I live in London anyway,
>this is not
>>so
>>
>>much an issue for me, but if visiting Hometech did involve any
>>expense/effort, then I know I would not bother. - I know this is
now the
>>attitude of many of my colleagues in the HA scene in the UK.
>>
>>Just thought you should know....
>>
>>Paul Gordon.
>>

>> >It is with regret that due to unforeseen circumstances we
>> >announce the postponement of HomeTech 2001, scheduled
>> >originally for May 2nd & 3rd at London's Olympia.
>> >
>> >We are now planning to run this event in the Autumn and we
will
>> >of course contact you to let you know exactly when.
>> >
>> >In addition you'll be able to get updates from
>> >http://www.hometech.co.uk which will
remain open in the meantime.