Re: Wiring idea

A much simpler solution is to flood wire your house in Cat 5e with a
minimum of 2 outlets beside every 13 amp power socket wired back to
Node 0. In your lounge you should wire 4 Cat 5e cables from beside every 13
amp socket.

At node 0 you will bring in all of your incoming services,
TV/Sat/ISDN/ADSL/PTO services etc. Utilising Patch Panels and an A/V Hub
you can
distribute any service to any Cat 5e outlet. Also you can return devices
such as DVD/VCR/Audio System etc from any Cat 5e outlet back to
the A/V Hub and distribute to other Cat 5e outlets.

This is the standard being adopted by many developers now that it is
available, So that an item such as the TV can be plugged into any Cat
5e outlet because the cabling infrastructure is all the same.

Frank

ewenjc wrote:

> I was re-wiring coax in my lounge last weekend and I had a wiring
idea,
> which I wish I had thought of when I first wired the house.  I'm
emailing
> it, in case any of you had not thought of it.
>
> If you don't know where TV, hifi etc are going to be it is best to run
lots
> of cable to lots of location (always a good idea to run lots of
cable).  I
> have three possible locations for the TV, Cable & HiFi and it
needs three
> coax, so I'd need to run 9 coax to the lounge and 3 maybe 6 to each
room
> that might have a tv.  I did not have enought time to run this number
of
> cables and I'm not sure the joists would have survived that many
holes.
> Also the patch panel would be massive.
>
> Since the TV can only be in one place in a room, I could have done the
> following.  If the room has three outlets; run Node0 to A, Node0 to B,
Node0