Re: Wiring idea

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Wiring idea
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <tivo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:00:41 +0100

Title: Re: [ukha_d] Wiring idea
Graham,

   Have you duplicated (extended) the 2 Cat5 connectors on your ISDN2 BT box ? - you could of course use them directly & save two if it is situated in an accessible place.

   Plus I suspect you don't really need two outlets - each connector has both A+B channels in it so that will save you one. You could divide them with a splitter if you need to have two different pieces of kit online at once on each channel. A 128K TA will pick up both lines on one cable. Have you use one of the special 'terminted' sockets - usually blue in faceplate colour ? Effectively your sockets are all in parallel so if you have a separate cable to each one would become spare. ie You only need one cable from the BT box to your outlets - the other socket is identical.

   Kevin