OT: ****ing Maplins again!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: OT: ****ing Maplins again!
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:26:47 +0100

<RANT mode on>
Just been to Maplins to get a CPU fan for the new kit I ordered last night
from ebuyers.com (I forgot to include a CPU fan in the order, and I don't
seem to be able to just add one to the same order thus avoiding postage
costs)

So, I checked my M**lins catalogue, found a suitable one at £9.99 (already
overpriced, as ebuyers.com sell the same ones for £6.70), and off I trotted
to M**lins at Lakeside...

what do I find when I get there? - well, certainly not any CPU fans for
£9.99 thats for sure! - more like £19.99!! I checked I was looking at the
same model (against an in-store catalogue)...

When I questioned the oik^H^H^H assistant, he just said, "Well,
they've gone
up since the catalogue was printed"

Unbelievable!! - a £6.50 fan for £20!! - needless to say, I didn't buy
one...
<RANT mode off>

So, to cheer myself up, I made sure I did find something I could buy, so I
cleared out a swathe of the "discount" table...

I got 2 USB to serial port converters for £12.50 each, (were £29.99)- now I
can add those much needed extra serial ports to my HA PC (there, got it
sort
of on-topic!)
I also got a 5 port 10/100 SWITCH for £27.50 (was £49.99).

So not a totally wasted trip then... :-)

Paul G.