Re: Home Video Server - Some observations

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Home Video Server - Some observations
  • From: Ian Lowe <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 01:59:59 -0700 (PDT)

Guys, what settings were used?

Those file sizes are actually quite big.

I get as a baseline, 60Mb for a 22 minute Simpsons episode, 80Mb for a
22 minute live action show.

This is encoding divx fast motion codec at 2100 max bitrate, and 1 key
frame per second, smooth/sharp bar fully to the right, and the audio
encoded seperately using divx 64kbps stereo 44k

That being said, I took my encoding machine to Win2K, and it's all gone
a bit strange on me. I now drop frames  all over the shop and can't
capture at any more than 352x288

Ian.

=====
>+++
Ian R Lowe. Director, Wintermute Consultancy Ltd.
e-mail: ian@xxxxxxx
Onward and Upward! Towards Ascension!