RE: Missing Images - IE5.5

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Missing Images - IE5.5
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:18:49 +0100

I have had numerous problems with IE5.5 caching pages even active ones on
the application I am working on at work. By default IE5.5 sets itself up to
"Check for new pages automatically". I changed the setting to
"Every visit
to the page".

This happens on various of our servers at work all of which are NT4-SP6/IIS
but only seems to affect IE5.5. Must be an undocumented
"feature". There are
no proxy servers involved at work, its our own "not so little
Intranet".

Keith

Who's
> >   >your ISP???
> >   >
Interface
> pages
> >   >and HomeSeer images) my web pages LOTS of the images
missing (replace
> by
> >   >those little red "X"s).  If I right click and
choose "Show
> Image" they
> >   >appear no problem.
> >   >
> >   >This happens when I view from either my work or home
machines
> >   >which are both
> >   >running IE5.5.
> >   >
> >   >It DOESN'T happen to a couple of friends who have logged
into to test
> it.
> >   >Is this a IE5.5 problem?
> >   >
> >   >Anyone gott any other ideas?
> >   >
> >   >Thanks
> >   >
> >   >M.
> >   >
> >   >_________________________________
> >   >The UKs Premier Home Automation Site
> >   >http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> >   >_________________________________
> >   >
> >   >
> >   >
> >   >
> >   >
> >   >
> >   >
> >   >
> >   >
> >   >
> >   >

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR with NO annual fee!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9333/9/_/2065/_/970179562/