RE: Cable advice - long runs?

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Cable advice - long runs?
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:10:12 +0100

Spend your money on the things you enjoy=85NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.=20=20
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/9/_/2065/_/969369187/

Hi Ian,

Where low grade coax could be a real problem is the poor screening.

Several years ago when ASTRA 1D was launched there were lots of problems
with TV reception in some areas. The problem arose due to the Astra 1D
signals being below the normal Satellite downlead range of 950-1750 MHz.
Astra 1D signals picked up by the original "non-enhanced" LNB's
came in the
range of 700-950MHz.

In our area the terrestrial TV signals are at the upper end of the UHF band
which extends to 860MHz. Where people had satellite systems and TV aerials
installed using cheap coax there was bleed through when the cables ran in
close proximity to each other as often occurs where they follow the same
path from roof to ground floor.

The only cures were

Upgrade to "Enhanced LNB"

Replace Cables

Re-route existing cables to provide a greater physical separation.

If you are running cables in the same chase it might be wise to consider
this and use CT100 instead.

HTH

Keith