RE: Motorised Curtains

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Motorised Curtains
  • From: John Hammond <john.hammond@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 15:18:05 +0100

Spend your money on the things you enjoy…NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/9/_/2065/_/969200126/

You have a choice.

If you use X10, you can use X10 controlled motors such as those shown on my
web site, contained within the CurtainTouch system in which case you need
only to operate them from a normal 13 amp socket with an appliance module
and require no special wiring.  Or you can use X10 operated DIN rail
modules to control them in lieu of the plug in appliance modules.  The
latter look much better.  These are then operated manually using momentary
switches which we supply.

Neither, however, would be my own preferred choice.  When we install in
quality houses, we use Silent Gliss motors which are operated normally by
momentary switches for manual control on their low voltage inputs, and via
relays from a controller such as the Comfort system (or Universal modules
if you do still want X10 control).  For this latter system we put in a 240v
fused spur to a point near the end of the curtain track (where the motor
will be).  We then put in Cat5 cable from the controller (in our case
Comfort) to exit at a similar point.  For manual control near to the
curtain use the momentary switch linked to this Cat5 cable at a normal
switch height.

I hope this is understandable?!  If not contact me direct for more info or
via our web site.

regards
John