Sent: 16 September 2000 13:21
Subject: [ukha_d] Inter-room IR

I have a question regarding TX/RX IR in different rooms.
My current temporary setup (prior to extension) is as follows:

Spare bedroom:
    HomeVision
    4-Way IR Repeater
    Dual IR Transmitter
    VCR

Lounge:
    Bullet IR Receiver
    Single IR Transmitter
    TV
    Stereo

The IR Receiver if connected via Cat-5 to the 4-Way IR Repeater in the bedroom, with the Dual IR plugged into 1 of the outputs.  This controls both HomeVision and my VCR with no problems.

The problem comes when connecting the IR TX from HomeVision to the Single Transmitter in the Lounge, once again with Cat-5.  This is a direct connection, should I be using another IR Repeater, if so, what wires should be connected.  As far as I can tell the IR TX only has 1 wire!

Any suggestions?
Cheers Graham