Re: OT Fresserve config problem

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT Fresserve config problem
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:08:19 -0000

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/9/_/2065/_/968922505/

Freeserve validates the subscriber using CLI. The fact that the line
is dropped after authentication suggests that you are presenting a
CLI which differs from that which they expect. Did you know that the
CLI presented by ISDN differs from the CLI presented by the analogue
ports on Homehighway? (i.e. each channel has its own number).

In my case, Freeserve opened the account with the analogue and ISDN
numbers inverted. I was unable to get them to change the numbers
over - despite persisting for several weeks. In the end I was forced
to cancel the account and re-open it; this time I only supplied one
number, minimising the opportunity for error ;-)

Let's hope their customer services have improved since...

Patrick

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Graham Howe" <graham@s...> wrote:
> Are you trying to connect at 128K ? This is not supported on FS
unlimited.

> Graham

Unlimited
> service, sorry to the others...
> >
> > I have just received confirmation that my unlimited account is
now active
> but I cannot connect via ISDN even though I am using the same PC
and ISDN TA
> that was being used for the local call rate connection . BTW the
local call
> rate connection still works.
> >
> > I have installed Winroute for the NAT function and was wondering
could
> that be an issue ?
> >
> > When I connect to the unlimited service it verifies the password
but only
> sends about 300 bytes of data in each direction before it hangs.
Using Win
> 98 IE5.
> >
> > Any suggestions gratefully received.
> >
> > Nigel