HA control via web pages

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: HA control via web pages
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:31:32 +0100

Spend your money on the things you enjoy…NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/9/_/2065/_/968867563/

I have started playing with my HomeVision and it is great, but being a web
designer I want to go a stage further and build a 'home control' site using
asp. I have seen people talking about Homeseer in this context and that
certainly seems interesting, however it requires a CM12U as far as I can
tell. I do have plans to get the Comfort System in the near future along
with it's web interface, but there have been suggestions here that it is
not
so good at home control.

So the question is, if I have HomeVision and Comfort but want to control my
X10 devices with web pages written in ASP (running on IIS) do I need to
shell out for Homeseer and a CM12U or is there another alternative.

Regards

Graham