Re: X10 Booster

Tired of searching for an apartment?  Try Viva!  It's fast and free.
Now serving Dallas, Houston, Austin, Phoenix, Denver and Las Vegas.
Rent by September 30th - get $100 cash!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9154/9/_/2065/_/968448361/

Keith,

Somehow knew that would be the answer. Was wanting keep all the gear in one
place and it also means running a long cable. Whats the working distance
between the TW7223 and its interface (lynx10) ? Or indeed if i move the
lynx10 as well then lengthen the rs232 line. If i have a spare cable in
amongst others it will be around 30m long and this route is all decorated
in. Running a new cable would mean finding another route altogether. I am
considering going from top to ground externally down the rear wall if i go
for comfort.

> Hi Steve
>
> Try and locate your X10 driver at the centre of the wiring
system....ie
the
> consumer unit. I apreciate that this may not be overly easy but it
makes
it
> similar distances to every device.
>
> If you have some CAT5 or telephone cable laying around try making a
> temporary lead to run from your controller to the interface an put the
> inteface downstairs. If that cures it you need to figure out how to
get a
> permanent cable down to there or relocate the actual controller as
well.

> You may have reasons not to try the above, thats just my suggestion
and
how
> I personally would tackle it.
>
> Keith