Re: Re: Going Off List

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/9/_/2065/_/967799961/

> At 15:44 31/08/00 +0100, you wrote:
> >I believe that even if in-depth discussions were moved elsewhere -
which
> >DO NOT think should happen
>
> That's fine, I'm quite happy with that, just that Mark said there were
190
> folk on the list now, and I would have thought that at least 180 of
them
> could care less about most of what I post- maybe I'm killfiled :-)

I think that this list is simply uk.comp.home.automation. If we can't get a
newsgroup of our own then we have to make do with what we get. I'll admit
that many of my post go off topic severely but they usually bear some, even
if passing, connection to this list.

The other thing is that because of the types of people in this list i.e.
technical, IT, electrical it is often an excellent source of answers to
other questions.. remember my tiptronic gearbox ("TiTtronic" to
you Mark
;-) ). I got a number of answers very quickly - from people whose knowledge
I trust.

If the discussions were split into other lists for example people would
either subscribe to all of them or cross-post to ensure the widest
audience.

well that's my 0.01p 's  worth..

A.

This message is intended only for use by the person
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information
that is privileged and confidential. Its content does
not constitute a formal commitment by Lombard Odier.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender immediately and destroy this
message. Thank you.