RE: Silent Phones

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Silent Phones
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:02:18 +0100

At 10:51 12/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>I was thinking of turning the ring off on all my handsets.

That's quite a sensible idea- if/when Comfort provides responses for 'local
phone lifted' to stop the ringing and 'local phone onhook', I might well do
the same!

>Also, When the Homeseer Phone Black Box is available, it can be setup
>silence the first 2 rings anyway, - enough for Homeseer Phone to decide
how
>the call should be managed...

Won't it have the same problem as Keith's '1-relay' system, or does it do
something more intelligent, to disconnect the line until a local handset is
lifted, as Keith suggested?

Nigel

No bidding, no
guesswork.  Just