Re: Baby phone switches

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Baby phone switches
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:56:28 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark Harrison" <Mark@i...> wrote:
> Well, BT have finally confirmed an installation date for Highway at
my new house. (Had 2e at the old, ADSL is still a _long_ way from my
area.)

> I'd like to think about a home switchboard... Can anyone recommend
a simple device that plugs into _either_ one of the highway digital
ports, or both highway analogue ports, and gives, say, 8 extensions
on 2 trunks???

> Ideally one that is configurable to automagically prefix outgoing
calls with an LCR code, but this is not a hard requirement???

HH doesn't support MSN, so it's not really practical to connect a
PABX to the digital port - you won't get the benefit of CLI, and may
have trouble configuring the PABX.

If you go for business Highway, you should be ok. Consider the
cybergear gold (available from www.aa.nu and others) which is a 2+6
configuration with a router. See also Peter Strangmans pages at
www.adelheid.demon.co.uk for evaluation of ISDN pbx's sourced from
Germany at great savings...

On the analogue ports you can use any conventional 2+8 PABX. I would
avoid the second hand market - documentation on old PABXs can be hard
to come by. Maplins et al sell the Olycrom 2+8 which is feature
packed and a nice bit of kit for around UKP 300.

Patrick

40% off fares on
the best airlines
at Hotwire.