RE: Re: Keith, You'll know this....

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Re: Keith, You'll know this....
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:28:53 BST

>Hopefully once Comfort gets CLID it will be capable of that... I'm
waiting
>with eager anticipation!

Do you know if this is on the cards, or is it just hopeful optimism on your
part?

>They have dried up a bit since I registered with the TPS, but there's
still

I meant to do this a couple of months ago, but SWMBO wanted to
"discuss it",
:-( so I never got round to it. Now I can't remember the URL for the
registration site! - Please remind me. Thanks. :-)

>the odd rogue who insists that they can call anyway as they are 'doing
>market research'- they don't usually try a second time...

So it works then? - I intend to use CLID and Homeseer Phone to build a
proper call management system that will stop even the most persistent and
determined offenders from getting through, warning them off with threats of
£5000 fines thanks to TPS. - I also plan to implement "antisocial
hours"
phone handling (say 11PM to 6AM), where no-one except specific relatives
can
get through, and a "Do not disturb" mode that I can enable when
watching a
movie that puts all callers straight to voicemail, again without ringing
the
house phones.

All of this would be a lot easier if I could make MY CLID visible before
the
1st ring, instead of after it as currently happens...

Paul G.