Re: FreeServe Unlimited Time - The End :-(

A real shame and they have all handled it very badly not just
freeserve.

At least they have given you a months notice I believe some of the
other 'unlimited' providers just cut people off with no notice period.

I guess ADSL isn't an option where you live yet?

Mick

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 18:43:46 +0100, you wrote:

>Just received message below from FreeServe.
>
>It was too good to last really but the way they have handled this is
>outrageous!
>
>M.
>

>"Subject: Important message re: your Unlimited Freeserve Time
connection
>Dear Freeserve member,  As part of our commitment to deliver a high
level of
>service to all our  members we continually monitor the network
performance
>and usage. We have  identified that a very small percentage of our
members
>(less than 1%) are  using the network for an average of nearly 17 hours
each
>day, everyday.   The affect of this abnormal usage is that network
>performance suffers for  the majority of Freeserve members which is not
>acceptable.  We have identified that your Unlimited Freeserve Time
usage is
>in this  category. As a result, and in accordance with Clause 3.1 of
our
>Terms and  Conditions, from 6 November 2000 your Unlimited Freeserve
Time
>account will  be terminated. You will however, be able to continue to
use
>Freeserve with  the standard Freeserve `No Ties' connection where phone
>calls are charged  per minute.  For those Freeserve members who need to
use
>the Internet for a significant  amount of time the new home user High
Speed
>service from Freeserve would be  more suitable. The service offers
>high-speed, `always on' Internet access,  all for a flat fee of 39.99
per
>month. Please visit www.freeserve.com/plus  to find out more about this
>service.  You can contact us by email at time-enquiries@xxxxxxx or
>telephone us  on 0845 0700066 between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday.
Yours
>sincerely,  Victoria Robertshaw Customer Management Director "

>The UKs Premier Home Automation Site
>http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Get free updates on your stocks from any phone with Tellme!
Call 1-800-555-TELL.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9535/9/_/2065/_/970855173/