CCTV Cameras

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: CCTV Cameras
  • From: chris@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 11:32:12 -0000

Has anyone experience of the CCTV cameras stocked by Henrys.
Having outgrown a single low res camera connected to a scart
socket I am interested in either the VB 2000 bullet cameras
(400 lines, 0.1 lux with IR illumination) or the GA420 outdoor
camera (420 lines, 0.02 lux). Has anyone used these cameras?

My main question is whether I would be bettw eoff with more
sensitivity or the IR illumination. I am not sure how well the
latter would work as they only seem to have a few IR LEDs when
compared with the separate IR illuminating units.

Are these cheap cameras OK or is it worth spending the extra
for the "proper" CCTV cameras with interchangable lenses. They
offer slighly better resolution but would work aout about 250
quid each rather trhan 80. I am looking for hgeneral coverage
so don't really think that a fixed wideangle lens is a problem.

I would welcome anyone elses thoughts.

Chris

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"
http://click.egroups.com/1/9532/9/_/2065/_/970486337/