Re: Rebooting PC automatically when it hangs?

On 25/05/00 at 17:03 Nigel Orr wrote:

>At 17:30 25/05/00 +0200, you wrote:
>>You can get 'heartbeat' boards that talk to a small app. in the
system
>>tray or run as a service that will automatically reboot is the app.
>>doesn't respond.
>
>Don't you mean 'watchdog' boards?  That's what a timer that detects
crashes
>and reboots a processor or system is normally called.  The X10 macro
sounds

Yep, I couldn't remember the 'correct' term.. but then I knew someone would
correct me ;-)

Andy

--- Tag-it V1.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998
Very funny Scottie. Now beam down my clothes.

Missing old school friends?  Find them here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/4055/7/_/2065/_/959277052/