Re: CCTV/PC's

On Wed, 3 May 2000 09:51:40 +0100, you wrote:

>> I vaguely remember a chip camera for the BBC Model B that could do
>> this- the Beasty perhaps? Anyone still got copies of Acorn User
with a
>> type-in listing of such software ;-)
>
>Until recently, I had several years' worth of Acorn User - from 1986 to
>1994ish, but don't recall seeing anything like this.  Perhaps it was
later
>when I moved over to the A310 and RISC User... (Still in the loft)
I cleared mine out after a house move recently, but still keep the odd
copy for nostalgia. There's nothing like looking at the super whizzo
system from 10 years ago to give you a sense of perspective.

Can you remember the yellow listings pages with barcodes to eliminate
typing? Thank heavens for the 'net now!

>From a hazy memory, the BBC thingy was from the same bunch that did a
robot using 4 radio control servos. The camera was just a ceramic chip
with the top cut off to allow light to knock the electrons out of the
memory bits and give a simple image.

It was definately using the BBC B though.

James
---
James Derrick    james@xxxxxxx, Cramlington, Near Newcastle, England
Forwarding Service: jderrick@xxxxxxx
Beyond the Horizon of the place we lived when we were young,
In a World of Magnets and Miracles. Pink Floyd.

Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance
rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2567/7/_/2065/_/957701912/