Screwfix (chamberlain) Garage Door Opener!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Screwfix (chamberlain) Garage Door Opener!
  • From: peter.white@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:15:13 +0100

All

A quick question regarding the above opener...

I've had to install it on a canopy door with an internal facing lintel
(those
who have installed one will know what I mean).  It goes up & down fine,
but at
the start of the down cycle the chain seems to slip (although it doesn't
jump a
sproket, that's what it sounds like).  Has anyone else had this problem?
The
helpline was excellent (and open on Easter Sunday), but they've not been
able to
help with this problem.

As far as I can tell, all the angles are correct, the only difference being
that
the door was touching the rail when going down, so as per the installation
guide, the motor has been lifted 2 inches.  I suspect it's to do with the
modification for the inward facing lintel - what holes does the bent arm
connect
with??

Any help appreciated....

Pete
**
Peter White
BancTec Limited.
Tel: +44-1753-778888   Fax: +44-1753-778737
Internet Address: peter.white@xxxxxxx

Visit our website at http://www.banctec.co.uk or email
ukmarketing@xxxxxxx

**