Re: Alternatives to Randall TP5 room thermostats

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Alternatives to Randall TP5 room thermostats
  • From: "Philip Smith" <philip.smith@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:06:18 -0800

Also have a look at http:\\www.autostat.co.uk

"mark mccall" <mar-@xxxxxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/?start=109
> Have a look here Chris...
> http://www.cocoonz.com/sp-omni-RC80.htm
>
> "...127 thermostats up to 10,000 feet apart to be connected to
one
RS-232
> port..."
>
> Mark
>
> > I am in the process of building a new house and intend to install
> > an underfloor heating system provided by Nu-Heat Ltd.  In their
> > suggested design they have recommended using Randall TP5 room
> > thermostat/programmers to provide independent control over the 7
heating
> > zones in the building.  Each programmer is connected, via a
central
wiring
> > cupboard, to one or more motorised valves on the heating manifold
and
> > works, as far as I can tell, by simply switching mains voltage to
the
> > motorised valve on or off.
> >
> > What I'd like to do is separate the programmer function to a PC
whilst
> > leaving the thermostat function in the individual heating zones.
Ideally
> > each room/zone should have a wall-mounted thermostat with an LCD
> > temperature display and simple set-point controls.  A centrally
located PC
> > should provide the 24-hour, 7-day programming function for each
of
the
> > zones, by switching in series with the thermostat. I shall
probably
put 7

-----
> > Don't lose your email when you move, change jobs, or switch
ISP's.
Click
> > here to get free and permanent email from NET@DDRESS!
> > http://ads.egroups.com/click/153/0
> >
> > Free Web-based e-mail groups -- http://www.eGroups.com

> Mark@xxxxxxx
> Visit The UK Home Automation Site at...
> http://www.ukha.demon.co.uk/

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign

up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/2065/_/949269982/

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1