Re: KeyFob

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: KeyFob
  • From: "K. C. Li" <lbs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:35:19 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, paul gordon wrote:

> Obvious question: WHY did we have to change frequency? - surely the
old
> 413MHz frequency was approved in the UK (otherwise it would have been
> illegal to sell/use them??) - Are there any advantages to using the
new
> frequency?

Originally, the UK DTI only approved the frequency of 418MHz for
low-powered radio devices whereas the rest of Europe have settled on
433MHz. X-10 had to manufacture 418MHz devices specifically for the UK
market. Now due to various harmonisations, the DTI have finally approved
the use of 433MHz as well as 418MHz.

Obviously, the market for 433MHz X-10 devices is much larger than UK-only
418MHz. X-10 will eventually phase out the 418MHz product line. In fact,
all new RF products from X-10 are only available for the new frequency.

If you are happy with the existing 418MHz products, there isn't any
compelling technical reasons to move to 433MHz. However, if you are
planning on taking advantage of new RF products from X-10, 433MHz is
currently the way to go.

> How recently did this change? - and can I tell what frequency my TM12
is on?
> (is is written on it somewhere?)

There should be either a small round sticker at the back with the
frequency printed on it or it is mentioned on the product label.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.
http://www.laser.com

Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
http://click.egroups.com/1/748/3/_/2065/_/948036927/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1