User interface

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: User interface
  • From: "Steven" <steven@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 22:49:16 -0000

Right.. I have recently started "automating" my house using X10
modules.  I
have been playing with hard wired devices for a couple of years now but
thought I'd finally try X10.

After some list members suggestions I am now using HomeSeer to control
everything along with some standalone VB apps to interface to IO modules.

The set-up so far consists of:

*	Voicemail card for taking messages and interacting with telephone
callers.
*	Various X10 modules (lots more to follow).
*	VGA to TV convertor.
*	Infrared keyboard mouse.
*	Digital IO module connected to alarm panel, door bell and soon PIR's etc.

What I need to do next is work out how to control all of this lot.  I've
spent quite a bit of time trying to find the easiest way to interact with
the system but am a bit stuck.  Keyboard/TV... Maxi controllers... Voice
control... telephone control?  Who knows.

So what is everyone's views on the best way to control Home Automation
systems then?  I'm looking for something that is fairly housewide, discreet
and easy to use.

Go for it guys.. give me your ideas!

Cheers
Steven

Toys, Books, Software. Save $10 on any order of $25 or more at

SmarterKids.com. Hurry, offer expires 1/15/00.
http://click.egroups.com/1/646/3/_/2065/_/947458364/

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1