ADSL web server up

I had Dazzlefish ADSL installed this morning. I was given the first slot of
the day (8 - 10:30), the engineer phoned at 8:10, arrived at 8:30, changed
the front of the master socket, gave me a speed demonstration on his
laptop,
and left at 9:00. I phoned through to get my username and password while he
was working, but tech support was busy.

Madasafish have an option to leave a message if you wait for longer than a
few minutes so I did so, and was called back at 9:10, with a username and
password. He also gave me pop3 mail details (timothy.morris@xxxxxxx),
and advised that if I want to use multiple POP 3 accounts I should sign up
for their free dialup access, for as many accounts as I need.

Connection was instant, and the ZDnet speed monitor shows a connection
speed
of around 480k. According to the BT engineer my (small) exchange has
capacity for 100 ADSL lines, and I am number 14!

Interestingly, when I tried to set up internet connection sharing using the
DSL connection, although LAN clients could access the internet, I lost
NetBIOS sharing. Once I set the ADSL dial-up adapter's IP address to the
one
I'd been assigned, it went back to working.

I've set up a temporary web server on http://212.38.183.172/index.htm
As I'm
using IIS 5.0 built in to Win2k pro which allows only 10 connections
(roughly 3 concurrent users), I've disabled HHTP keep-alives, which should
allow more concurrent connections.

I think I've set both the permissions and the firewall correctly. Let me
know!

Tim.

Click here for more details:
http://click.egroups.com/1/10801/1/_/2065/_/978008296/