Re: Re: OT: eGroups moderator question

I was under the impression you could set the egroups list up to accept
posts from non-subscribers? If not then you are right, then it wont work.

You could set up a forwarding account on a mail server, so that any mails
are forwarded to the list. Don't give her the password to the account, and
she won't be able to pick up any of the mails. Set up your mail reader to
download them and filter them straight into the trash.

On 2000.12.27 12:24:40 +0000 Mark Harrison wrote:
> But that doesn't help...
>
> Take this user I want to be able to POST but NOT READ:
>
> - If I moderate things so she IS a subscriber to the group, then she
> can go in and read on the web (or, for that matter, amend her profile
> so she gets everything by email.)
>
> - If I moderate things so she IS NOT a subscriber for the group, then
> she can't go in and post (gets the error back "The email address
used
> to send your message is not subscribed to this group. ")
>
> How do I set up her account so she can post but prevent her being
> able to read messages?
>
> Mark
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@s...> wrote:
> > You can moderate the join process, so only people you authorise
are
> allowed
> > to join, and you can lock down the archive so that on subscribers
> can view
> > it. Doing both of these should stop anyone unauthorised being
able
> to view
> > emails.
> >
> > On 2000.12.27 11:44:47 +0000 Mark Harrison wrote:
> > > I don't think that the first suggestion will help. I've got
> give
> > > an IT professional the information required for her to post
into
> the
> > > group, so I can't rely on ignorance to prevent her reading
back
> out
> > > of it...
> > >
> > > I'll try your suggestion and post into from another
account...

wrote:
> If
> > > they're
> them...? If
> > > they
copy of it?
> You
> > > might

this hosting
> > > lot
third party
> they
> > > use to
but NOT to be able to

sg@s...
> > > 625221
f: 0870

--
,,,
(o o)
Special Projects Developer                            t: 07976 625221
Schoolsnet LTD             .oooO  Oooo.               f: 0870 7060260
\_)  (_/

Download Net2Phone's free software to make FREE calls anywhere within
the US from your PC now! Get great low rates on international calls!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10923/1/_/2065/_/977920650/