Re: OT: eGroups moderator question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT: eGroups moderator question
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark_Harrison_UK@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 12:24:40 -0000

But that doesn't help...

Take this user I want to be able to POST but NOT READ:

- If I moderate things so she IS a subscriber to the group, then she
can go in and read on the web (or, for that matter, amend her profile
so she gets everything by email.)

- If I moderate things so she IS NOT a subscriber for the group, then
she can't go in and post (gets the error back "The email address used
to send your message is not subscribed to this group. ")

How do I set up her account so she can post but prevent her being
able to read messages?

Mark

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@s...> wrote:
> You can moderate the join process, so only people you authorise are
allowed
> to join, and you can lock down the archive so that on subscribers
can view
> it. Doing both of these should stop anyone unauthorised being able
to view
> emails.
>
> On 2000.12.27 11:44:47 +0000 Mark Harrison wrote:
> > I don't think that the first suggestion will help. I've got to
give
> > an IT professional the information required for her to post into
the
> > group, so I can't rely on ignorance to prevent her reading back
out
> > of it...
> >
> > I'll try your suggestion and post into from another account...
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@s...> wrote:
> > > Could you perhaps make the lists open, so that anyone can
post?
If
> > they're
> > > non-public lists then only a few people will know about
them...? If
> > they
> > > post but they're not on the list, do they receive a copy of
it?
You
> > might
> > > have to do a test.

hosting
> > lot
party
they
> > use to
NOT to be able to
> > read
> > >

> > > --
> > >                                 ,,,
> > >                                (o o)
> > > ===========================oOO==(_)
> > ==OOo==============================
> > > Stuart Grimshaw         www.schoolsnet.com          sg@s...
> > > Special Projects Developer                            t:
07976
> > 625221
> > > Schoolsnet LTD             .oooO  Oooo.               f:
0870

>                              \_)  (_/

With US & International rates as low as 3.9c a minute from Net2Phone
Direct Plus Up to 1500 FREE minutes; you can call everyone on your list!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10924/1/_/2065/_/977919889/