OT: eGroups moderator question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: OT: eGroups moderator question
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark_Harrison_UK@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 10:21:14 -0000

Well,

You home automators have proved to be the fount off all knowledge on
subjects ranging from MP3 to big hard disks to Win2k, so I thought
I'd try this one on you.

I moderate a couple of closed groups for work - we are a holding
company in the middle of a demerger and some of our brands have
already moved off onto separate networks, so we can't use a
traditional Intranet solution, and I really didn't want to put in a
dedicated Extranet server for the sake of a discussion forum!

This, at present, works well. We are now additionally using it for
posting downtime reports for our various merchant websites.

The problem is, one of the sites has outsourced this hosting a lot
further than the core brands, and we want the third party they use to
be able to POST to the "downtime" group but NOT to be able to
read
other people's posts...

Is this possible??? If so, how do I do it???

Regards,

Mark

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/2065/_/977912480/