Re: Fwd: Regarding your question about WebPAD Availability

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Regarding your question about WebPAD Availability
  • From: ccwilliams@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:31:50 -0000

Hi,

Has anyone on the list treated themselves to one of these for
Christmas?

Do you think it is essential to have broadband access to use one?

Cheers,

Chris

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Andy Powell" <Andy@b...> wrote:

> Just got this from Nat Semi...
>
> A.
>
> *********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********
>
> On 16/10/00 at 15:48 SCDEVSFA01 <SCDEVSFA01@n...> wrote:
>
> >Dear Mr. Powell,
> >
> >I apologize for not responding more quickly to your request for
information about the availability of wireless WebPADs. At the time I
receive your feedback, there was no company selling a wireless WebPAD
to the general public.

> >On Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2000, Honeywell announced the availability of
their Honeywell WebPAD. You can find more information at the Honeywell
website:  http://www.honeywell.com/yourhome/webpad/webpad.htm
.
Honeywell's products may be especially interesting to you, as they
have released this unit as part of their home control strategy, and
more info about that can be found on their site.

> >Regarding your request for a more basic system, except for Qubit
(http://www.qubit.net), I do not know
of any OEMs or Original Design
Manufacturers who are selling individual units directly to customers.
I am investingating this, however, and will post these vendors to
ia.national.com as they become available.

> >If you have further questions, please write.
> >
> >Best Regards,
> >
> >Dave Raulino
>

> --- Tag-it! v2.0 (c) Andy Powell ,1998,1999,2000...and beyond..
>
> Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/2065/_/977232718/