ADSL & ISDN (was: The Christmas meet....)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ADSL & ISDN (was: The Christmas meet....)
  • From: Primoz Gabrijelcic <gabr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:53:35 +0100

> - BT are strongly mis-representing ADSL, some of their literature
> descibes it as an "upgrade" to ISDN. It patently isn't -
it's a
> complementary product aimed at meeting different needs.

Actually, ADSL and ISDN can happily coexist on one line. You can have
analog+ADSL or ISDN+ADSL. It all depends on your telco provider and how it
markets and what it offers. Usually (at least here in central Europe),
telecoms first introcude ADSL as add-on for analog lines and start selling
ADSL for ISDN lines only a few months later.

If I understand correctly - BT only offers ADSL on analog lines? Then this
is a marketing, not a technological decision.

Best regards,
Primoz

Click here for more details:
http://click.egroups.com/1/10801/1/_/2065/_/976798418/