Re: New Sky Digibox review....

> I found this on satcure.co.uk  Interesting...

This is Skys long-awaited version of TiVo (Sky are TiVos European
partners).

> You will be able to transfer recorded programmes to video (not films).

Not films eh?  Let the hacking commence :-)

> You will also be able to use a timer function.

At last!

> Sky will be starting a new Box Office with the new box. The films will
> be newer than the existing Box Office and you will have to
"Download"
> them to your Digibox. You "Rent " these rather than the way
you do now.
> Sky allegedly have not decided yet whether to rent by the day or by
the
> number of viewings. Either way, the film will wipe itself after the
> hire period.

Like I say, lets see what the hackers do with this!

> The Programme planner would cover the whole month, and you would be
> able to set the record feature up to a month in advance.

I assume there will be an additional subscription for this service like the
standard TiVo?

Will the Sky version be able record ITV (from an analogue source?)

> The new boxes will not be covered by the free box offer. They will
> first be offered to people who purchased their boxes. They would have
> to exchange the old boxes and pay £50 for the new one. The LNB would
> also have to be changed for a twin output type with an additional
> cable.

The extra cable will be a bummer for some people.

> These new boxes will be available probably in the Autumn of this year.

Hmmmm..surely that's now!

Don't think we'll see them to sometime next year.

M.

Get fast, easy info by phone: Call 800-555-TELL.
News, weather, restaurants... & much more!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10792/1/_/2065/_/976709206/