RE: The Christmas meet???

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: The Christmas meet???
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:38:46 -0000

Sorry for the delay in getting details out for this. Been busy today. I
think there are now ten of us going. I have called round a few pubs, but as
expected there is no possibility of reserving tables at that time of night.
However it is usually the case that these pubs start emptying as commuters
start the joyful journey home, so I suggest we just meet up and then decide
whether to stay or move on. There is a pub I used to frequent as a student,
called the Lyceum which is situated at the top of the Strand. It is quite
easy to find and has an upstairs which can take a little longer to fill up.
They do reasonable beer (or at least they did ten years ago !) and they
also
have quite a selection of bar food. I suggest we meet there between 6pm and
7pm (upstairs).

I have put details here www.solarfish.com/ukhameet.htm but be warned that
there is a map and photo on the page so it may take a while to download.

Regards

Graham

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/2065/_/976210731/