Cliping cable to external (brick) walls.

  • Subject: Cliping cable to external (brick) walls.
  • From: "Robert Crawshaw" <robert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 23:50:43 -0000

From: Robert Crawshaw <rcrawshaw@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 11:42 PM

Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Cliping cable to external (brick) walls.>
> > As I told Graham (much to his amusement) I bashed my finger with
> > hammer today, while trying to clip some cable to the wall in the
garage.
> > The nails that come with the clips keep breaking or bending, and
if they
> > don't the brick chips away and the thing just falls out. Luckiliy
it's
> just
> > in the garage at the moment, so that's not too bad.
> >
> > Are there special clips for this, or should any do? I just
thaught I'd
ask
> > before I went and mangled my hand furyher.

Lo Stu

Long winded way round your problem but it works very well

Drill a hole with masonary bit and force a wooden dowel into the hole then
nail your clip to the dowel

Some time ago i did see a similar thing in plastic,   plastic dowel with a
small pilot hole in it for the nail, but i havent seen any for sale
anywhere

HTH

cya

Robert Crawshaw                 http://www.golcar.demon.co.uk
Member of HAUG (Huddersfield Amiga User Group)

The release of Windows 2000 has been put back to the first quarter of 1901

we work for a company that has global reach yet can't scratch it's own arse

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/2065/_/976110992/